Wednesday 16 December 2020

Optical Illusion | Summer Learning Journey

For the Summer Learning Journey day 3 activity 3, we researched and learnt about optical illusions in order to make our own.

First, I observed the available shapes and created my own optical illusion using only the outlines of circles. I named this optical illusion 'Viral Tunnel' because the shapes form a tunnel.

People will see a tunnel because of the way that the circles are placed. One circle can seem like an opening and another circle can seem like an exit.

I enjoyed doing this the most out of all the other activitys.


3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Ariana,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey.

    It’s great to see all your blogs of the different summer learning journey activities. Ka pai! I hope you are enjoying the summer so far.

    What a fantastic optical illusion image you have created! Your circle illusion reminds me of a toy called a 'Slinky' I used to play with...when I was much younger! I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed this activity. Did you draw your design on paper first and then create it digitally?

    Keep up the great blogging - I can’t wait to see more of your posts soon.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Fiona,

      Thank you for the comment it is much appreciated.

      I actually didn't plan it out at all I was just playing around with all of the different types of shapes and then this illusion came out so I kept it.

      Did you used to make your own optical illusion when you were younger?

      Delete
  2. Hi Ariana,

    Thanks for your question. I don't think I ever tried making my own optical illusions when I was younger. But what I do remember is spending a lot of time looking at illusions called 'Magic Eye' images. You can find Magic Eye illusions on Google images - they are pretty cool and if you stare at the image for a while you will see a secret image in the drawing!

    Keep up the great work,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.