Wednesday 18 November 2020

Reading Tasks

This week for reading I did three types of reading tasks.  They were: table mat, making connections and synthesis.

The first thing I did for table mat was write down my prior knowledge, then I wrote down the topic of the book.

Next, I had to find 3 keywords for each box and define one of them that I had chosen.  After I found 4 facts that were written down in the book and wrote them down in the boxes.

Second was my making connections, I did 3 types of connections they were text to self, text to text and text to world.  I had to get 2 things from the book and write it down then connect it to myself.  

For the text to text we had to get another 2 things and write it down then connect it to another book that has a similar text.

And then lastly was my synthesis, I did was write down my prior knowledge into the labelled box.  Prior knowledge is your background knowledge or something that you already know.

After, I wrote down my new information which was my facts that I had read from the text of the book.  
Then, I went back to read the text and then once I finished reading the book I wrote down What my new understandings were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.