Friday 16 October 2020

Lagoon Hopping | Reading

This week I learnt about skim & scan.  Skimming & scanning are reading methods that use quick eye movement to move quickly through text for slightly different purposes. We used skimming and scanning on a book called "Lagoon Hopping".  

We had to find 3 main key words, when I found a few key words I had to define them in my own words, once I had finished writing them down I had to find an attributed image.

After, I had to find 2 key questions about the book, I also had to write down questions that the author would have asked during the making of the book. 

Next, I had to find 4 facts one of my facts were: On one special occasion a flying boat was travelling from Auckland to Tahiti.

I found this activity enjoyable because I learnt how to skim & scan.

LI: To Skim & Scan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.