Saturday 2 January 2021

New Years | Summer Learning Journey

Today for the Summer Learning Journey I tried to do this task called "Nga mihi o te tau hou".  This task is about finding five different ways you can say "happy new years" in five different languages.

First I picked out some random languages and translated them in the words happy new years. I picked out a few languages that I have been interested in learning for a while now.

This task was quite easy for me since I have tried to learn some of the languages in the google draw


3 comments:

  1. Good Morning

    Your first post for the New Year and what better way than to express it in various languages.

    Could you have recorded yourself saying these. That would have been fun to hear them.

    Great to see you continuing the SLJ into 2021.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Johnston,

    Thank you for the comment. Perhaps I could try recording myself saying these, I might try and learn them a bit at first though.

    Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Ariana, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Happy New Year, felice anno nuovo, and great work on your first 2021 SLJ activity! I am thoroughly enjoying this activity, because I am learning about lots of different languages!

    Have you had a go at practicing the pronunciation? They are all very beautiful languages and it’s always so interesting to see how diverse the phrases are. Or even the similarities, for example with Spanish and Portugese.

    It’s awesome to see that you chose these languages because you want to learn how to speak them! If you had to choose one to start with, what would you pick? I would really like to learn fluent te reo Māori and Italian!

    Keep up the great blogging and Tau Hou hari!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.